Monday, February 16, 2009

Bathroom Projects

This past Friday, Ben went to Bismarck with 2 other teachers for a conference. They stayed overnight. The conference was a training session for union negotiators. So Friday night my mom stayed overnight with Peter and I. She painted our main floor bathroom. I couldn't really do too much to help because of my back. We chose 2 shades of brown-chocolate brown and beige. When we moved in I purchased bath decor to match the light blue wall color. There was also a few navy blue tiles in the shower and gray and blue lenolium. I loved the decor I purchased but it was kind of a temporary fix until we decided what we were going to do to change things. Well about a month ago, my mom found some new decor. I fell in love with it, so that was my parents birthday present to me. I had a dragonfly theme going with the shades of blue, but my mom found decor that had dragonflies with beige, brown and silver accents. After picking out paint, I found some new lenolium tile at Menards. They are peel and stick and you can put it right over the old stuff. So mom painted Friday and Saturday (she even got the navy blue tiles covered). Ben got home on Saturday night and spent Sunday laying the new tile. We absolutely LOVE it! I haven't taken any photos yet because I am waiting until the tile dries and then we can clean everything up and put the new decor in place.

Not much else is new...I am doing a little better each day with my back. I have to be better by the first of March because I will be coaching JV softball at Sacred Heart. That's another reason why we are trying to get some odds and ends around the house done...I will be gone quite a lot from March-May.

Peter's ABA therapy is still going well. His therapists go to Little Miracles a few days a week for 2 hours and they come to our house in the evenings on the days they don't go to LM. So he has therapy almost everyday of the week. Little Miracles also provides speech therapy for him 2x a week for 30 minutes. They did an assessment of him in December. Peter is currently 14 months behind in his language. However, he is caught with PT and OT so that's a good thing. More good news is that Peter continued to do well with potty training. He has an accident or two throughout the day, but normally they are when he is at LM. He gets distrcted while playing and normally has his accidents when he is on the way to the potty. So at least he recognizes the urge to go. He isn't as good at going #2 on the toilet, but it all takes time. We have only been working on it for 2-3 weeks. We are very very proud of his progress!

I suppose I've written enough for now. I'll add photos of the bathroom when we have everything in place!

Take Care!