Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Peter's 4th Birthday

This past weekend was crazy busy -- the highlight being Peter's 4th birthday of course! On Friday Ben and I had a wedding to attend...Saturday we cleaned house and Haley & Jacob were in town so stopped over to see Peter and give him a gift...Sunday was church, graduation at Sacred Heart and we went to 7 houses (I think?) to celebrate. The 7 houses we went to were my softball players. It's funny to think that I coached some of them when they were in grade school and now as they graduate! Time sure does fly...

And Monday was Peter's birthday! We had 21 people in our house as it poured rain. We were planning a BBQ at the park across the street but because the weather didn't cooperate we had to stay in the garage and house. It wasn't really a problem because we have plenty of space. There were 7 kids over and they all managed to find something to do. Peter was a great host! The theme this year was Spongebob as that is Peter's latest obsession. We had burgers, hot dogs, cookie salad, potato salad and chips. We had a Spongebob cake, balloons, etc. Peter got some very nice gifts. He got some Leapster games (we bought him a Leapster), some board games (his other new obsession) and some toys for his new sandbox! Every gift he opened, he flashed a thumbs up and said "Cool." It was pretty cute. Here are some pictures:


Opening the Leapster on Saturday night from Mommy & Daddy


Opening up a Leapster game and sandbox shovels from Haley & Jacob


One of my kitchen helpers (also Camera Fairy) took a photo of the counter. *Nice, Carrie*


Peter with his cake! (I think this is a bit fuzzy, but notice the double thumbs up!)


Peter, Bella & Friends eating cake. Nice face, Peter!


Peter and his sandbox trucks from Carrie & Mike (He had to sleep with them last night and bring them potty this morning...he's quite attached to them already!)


Mikey & Peter playing Chutes & Ladders


Riding Mike like a horse? or something?

Today Ben started his labor job for the summer. The softball team won the Subsection last week so tomorrow (Wednesday) I leave with the team and will go to Kelliher, MN -- small town near Canada, in other words THE END OF THE EARTH -- to play in the Section 8A tournament. We will be staying overnight in Blackduck, MN. (Just Google it.) We are 2 wins away from earning a trip in the MN State Tournament! Woo hoo! That takes place in Mankato next week. I will quit talking about it because I don't want to jinx anything. Let's just say that my parents continue to be super helpful with Peter. We couldn't do much out in the community without them!

Well, I need to get back to work but wanted to update the blog before the rest of this crazy week takes over my life!

Take Care.