Well it's been awhile once again since I have posted...however, for very good reason! As assistant coach of the Sacred Heart Eagles softball team, I have been very very busy.
On May 28th, we won the Section 8A tournament for the 4th time in school history! We were playing up in Kelliher, MN on the 27th and 28th. Then, we left town on Tuesday, June 2nd and headed to the State Tournament. We had mass and a send-off on Tuesday morning and then drove to Minneapolis for a Twins game. The Twins beat Clevelend 4-3. That evening we drove on to Mankato and arrived to our hotel about midnight. Wednesday morning we practiced, did a service project at Kids Against Hunger, had mass (presided by our good friend, Fr. Tim!) and lunch, then back to the hotel for some rest. Wednesday evening we attended the State Tourney Banquet. Thursday morning I scouted games all morning with the head coach and then our team played at 3:30pm (it was supposed to be 1pm but the games before ours went into extra innings). We beat Hawley, MN with a score of 2-0. We were in the winners bracket for the first time in school history! We played our second game at 7pm and lost to Maple Lake. The score was 4-2. After a good night's rest we got up and played for 3rd place on Friday and beat Silver Bay with a score of 1-0. We scored our only run in the top of the 7th inning. It was so awesome! Placing 3rd was the best finish in school history! No SH softball team has ever gotten 6th or better at the state tournament so our girls sure made us proud. The best season record was 21 wins and 4 losses -- from 2001 (when I was a senior) -- and it has finally been beaten -- 22 wins and 3 losses is the new record! It was a fantastic season and I feel so blessed to have been apart of it. Ben and Peter came down on Thursday and watched all of our games. Here is a photo of the 3 of us with the trophy. (The parents are getting a whole bunch of pictures together for me from the season because I was too busy coaching to take any photos!)

We stayed until Saturday morning and then headed to Randolph, MN for Ben's sister's high school graduation. The ceremony was on Saturday night. Rebecca was Salutatorian and gave a joint speech with the Valedictorian. They did great! We are very proud of Rebecca! I got to be there long enough to see her speak, but then Peter had an accident so I took him out and left early. We went to mass with some of Ben's family on Sunday morning and helped prepare the house for the party on Sunday afternoon. We only stayed for about an hour of the party and had to leave to head home. We got home about 11pm on Sunday and were exhausted to say the least! Here is a photo of us with Rebecca (Can you tell Peter had run around the farm in the rain all day??)

Tonight we have a "welcome home" celebration for the softball team and then the season is officially over. It's finally time for me to get back on a normal schedule! I am seriously thrilled! And so is my family!
One last thing, Peter has another appointment in Rochester on Friday so my mom and I (Aunt Marsha too!) are leaving on Thursday to do some shopping on the way down. The appointment is just a check-up at Mayo. We will stay overnight on Thursday and Friday too and maybe get a little more shopping in on Saturday morning. I think my schedule will THEN return to normal...
But then again, I don't think it's ever been normal, has it? :D

Tonight we have a "welcome home" celebration for the softball team and then the season is officially over. It's finally time for me to get back on a normal schedule! I am seriously thrilled! And so is my family!
One last thing, Peter has another appointment in Rochester on Friday so my mom and I (Aunt Marsha too!) are leaving on Thursday to do some shopping on the way down. The appointment is just a check-up at Mayo. We will stay overnight on Thursday and Friday too and maybe get a little more shopping in on Saturday morning. I think my schedule will THEN return to normal...
But then again, I don't think it's ever been normal, has it? :D