Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bruises

Last night I played softball for my Tuesday night co-ed team. As many of you know, I play first base. During the doubleheader we were playing the field looking into the setting sun. Basically I could hear the crack of the bat but there was a split second during every hit that I couldn't see where the ball was going. Well, during the first game a line drive was hit--at me--and I didn't know it until my inner thigh stopped the ball. It was an INSTANT swollen, purple, softball shaped bruise. During the second game I could see slightly better and another line drive was hit to me. This time I caught it and some old guy was off the bag. He tried to get back to first but ended up tripping and falling. Wanting to make a double play I dove on top of him and tagged him out. My left leg that has the huge purple spot now has gravel embedded into it and it's scraped and nasty. It's about 8 inches long. No complaints from me, however because I am tough. I have had extensive battle wounds (now scars) to prove my aggressive style of play. Wait, some would probably say it's just plain old clumsiness. :D

So here's the funny part...

This morning I was laying in bed and Peter hopped on the bed in his PJ's like he does every morning. He bumped his elbow on the night stand (not traumatic AT ALL) and he says "boo boo...band-aid, Mommy!", while showing me his elbow. I said "I don't think you need a band-aid honey." Then I showed him my scabby leg and he said "Daddy, 5 band-aids for Mommy!" It was so darn funny. Then I showed him the big bruise on the inside of my thigh and he said "Big purple circle!"

Ben & Peter came to watch me play last night and Peter got 5 or 6 misquito bites on his legs and face. I feel worse for that than I do for myself!! I guess that's motherhood for ya. :D