Monday, March 03, 2008

The Chaos Continues...

Hello!

This week is pretty busy for us. But when isn't life busy for us??

Today Peter will have his Pre-Op appointment for his surgery. Sometime tomorrow they will call and let us know what time we need to be at the hospital on Thursday. Following surgery, Peter will be there anywhere from 2-4 days. Hopefully he won't be in too much pain so that he can eat and drink, stay hydrated and get out of there! I have been hearing a lot of tonsilectamy horror stories lately so we are assuming the worst but praying for the best.

Since I will be missing work on Thursday & Friday (I'll be missing Monday & Tuesday too but I'll get to that later), I have a ton to get accomplished. Little odds and ends keep popping up all over the place and I want to be able to leave here without having to come back to chaos! Sounds easier than it actually is...Ben will be taking Thursday off to be with Peter & me but he will have to go back to work on Friday. Ben's mom is going to spend Friday in Mankato so that I can have a break every once in awhile at the hospital. The rest of the weekend will be spent at home or in the hospital, depending on how everything goes. On Monday I have to drive up to Grand Forks for a job interview that I have set up for Tuesday morning. Then I'll be driving back down here on Tuesday afternoon. I have been told that it can take 7-10 days to recover from the surgery so Ben's mom will be coming back down here when I am out of town to help with Peter as Ben can not miss more work.

This is just another example of why it is hard to live away from family...We don't have a very big support system for raising children. It will be much easier to have my parents living close by. (Do you think 6 houses down the street is close enough??)

The house buying process is going along smoothly. The seller, realtor, banker, inspector and appraiser are all getting along peachy, so that helps! The closing is still set for June 5th. We will be bringing both of our vehicles & Peter up to EGF on Wednesday, June 4th. We will buy paint and then close on the house on Thursday, June 5th. We will leave the paint, one vehicle and Peter with my parents and then Ben and I will drive back down here. We will load the U-Haul on Friday/Saturday and drive it along with one vehicle up to EGF on Saturday. We will unload on Sunday and continue to paint! My aunt, Becky (from Chicago), is coming up to help us move in and get settled. We are thrilled that she has volunteered to help!

MANKATO Friends: Please save any boxes you may have so that we can use them to pack! Call me and I'll come and pick them up. If you are looking for something to do on Friday, June 6th, you are more than willing to come and help us load the U-Haul. We will pay you in food and beer. :D

EGF Friends: If you are looking for something to do on Sunday, June 8th, you are more than willing to come and help us UN-pack the U-Haul. Our new address is 808 4th Street SE. We will pay you too in food and beer. :D

That's about all I have for now.

Keep in touch!