Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mascot







This past Saturday I was the chairperson for an event that my office hosted for MSU students. It was a post-football game carnival. It was behind the football stadium here on campus from 10pm-midnight. We rented a bunch of large blow-up games and small carnival games. We had a band play and we gave away a lot of prizes and food. Anyways, the MSU mascot is the Maverick (cross between a bull and a horse...looks a lot like the Chicago Bulls basketball team logo). Our Maverick mascot's name is Stomper. We thought it would be fun to have Stomper stay after the football game and attend the carnival. Well, the athletic department couldn't find anyone to be Stomper this past Saturday (they have 4 or 5 students who rotate) and so they told us that we could find our own person to be Stomper. That's were my loving husband, Ben, comes in...
I asked him to be Stomper and he was pumped! He was looking forward to it all week, until he put the costume on...it is VERY hot and VERY uncomfortable! Ben was Stomper from 6pm until midnight. What a trooper! He hung out by the cheerleaders, tried to dance around a little bit and he hugged and high-fived little kids. The college kids took more pictures with him than the little kids did! :) Domino's Pizza was hosting a "pizza party" for a lucky fan...That meant that Stomper got to pick a random person in the stands to hand a hot pizza to. He became really popular for that move. At half time he had to catch a punt from a contestant and dance around while a bunch of little flag football players from the YMCA were on the field. All in all, Ben did a great job in his new role! Maybe he can quit his teaching job and take up "Mascotting" as his new career?!?...I THINK NOT! After the game he walked around the carnival and played a few of the games. He was pretty tired by that point, but just having him there showed our school spirit. Around 200 students came to the carnival so it was a success, indeed! I have added a few photos... I will be flying to Tennessee with my parents tomorrow and will be there until Sunday. We are going to the wedding of a good family friend. It will be nice to get away but I will miss the boys a lot. Haley is stepping in to play the role of "Mom" while I am gone...she will be driving Peter to and from daycare and bringing him to Special Ed and Therapy, since Ben's job is so far out of town. We are truly blessed to have her apart of our lives as we are able to have a little bit of freedom to do what we want from time to time...And Peter gets along with her just GREAT! I'll be taking a lot of photos in Tennessee so I will add them next week. We hope you are all doing well...keep in touch!