Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Bye Bye Crib!
Well, this past weekend we did it! We (actually just Ben) took down the crib! I was going to wait for a few weeks, but Ben wanted it down so he went ahead and took it apart and put it away...He says it's in Peter's closet and that scares me so I'm not going to look in the closet because I don't want to know what kind of disaster is in there. Peter has handled it just fine. And he no longer cries in the morning...he just sits on his bed and plays and gabs until we go in there to get him. There is a ton of room leftover so his toys are more spread out and the room doesn't look all crammed. :) He has plenty of space to play and he plays in the middle of the living room floor less too! Next, I think we'll tackle the pacifier...He only gets it for naptime and bedtime but I think he can start to manage without it...After he's been in his bed for awhile we'll give that a shot. Unfortunately I think potty training is still down the road quite a ways. He is totally oblivious to anything related to the potty or even his own poop and pee. When he shows us that he is understanding more of that, we'll begin that process. Wish us luck...