Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tree, Lights, a Blue Bath & New School!



Our Christmas tree with a flash



Our Christmas tree without a flash



Our house with lights!



Peter forced his entire blue crayon/soap to dissolve in the tub last night...guess who has a blue ring to clean out of their tub now? The way his little mind workds, he will think that every bath from here on out will have to be colored.

Other news...
We had to make a tough decision in the past couple of weeks. We have chosen a new daycare center for Peter. It is called Little Miracles. It is a daycare & therapy center. Our main reason for doing this is so that he can get PT, OT & Speech during the day as well as some ABA so our evenings are freed up a bit. We have had ABA therapists in our home 4 nights a week and one day during the weekend. We are so blessed to have this therapy for Peter, but they work with him in private (no distractions) and we don't get to spend much time as a family before bed. So we figured this is a good solution. We LOVE our daycare provider, Julie. She has been such a blessing to us as well. Peter absolutely loves her and all his friends there. When we moved in June it was a big transition for Peter (and us too!) and having Julie take care of him was wonderful--so much love, security & stability! Some unexpected events have occurred for Julie so Peter has begun at Little Miracles a bit sooner than planned. So today is his first day. I brought him there and got all his "stuff" situated. He played with some kids for awhile and then went off to eat breakfast. I stayed behind and handed in the paperwork. And the part-owner/head physical therapist wanted to discuss Peter's entire journey to this point, his many therapies, doctors and diagnosis. So I was there until after 9am (I got there at 7:20am). When Peter and the other kids came back from breakfast I told Peter I was leaving...I gave him a hug and kiss. I am more emotional about the whole situation that he is. We toured it last week and Peter was only there for 10 minutes and loved it! So we just kept telling him about it and talking about it at home and so he was totally ok with it. Anyways, what's really funny is that he kind of roamed around this morning checking things out. And when it was time for breakfast all the kids lined up at the door and Peter just charged on through the door and starting walking. :D Since it's a center or "school" he will have to get used to the rules and structure there. But that's ok. He's at the age that he has to learn these things. :) So when I gave him a hug and kiss good-bye he sat down for "circle time" and looked over at me, pointed his finger at me and said "Go to work!" So I guess that was it. He was adjusted. But we'll see if I get any calls today and we'll see what the report is tonight afterwards. He's such a good kid (I know I'm biased). I honestly in my heart of hearts believe that he never does anything wrong on purpose...he just needs a bit of guidance, direction, etc. He's kind of a follower so seeing the other kids in their routine will help him. Little Miracles is really unique in the sense that each child has their own curriculum. There are "typical" kids and "quirky" kids all mixed together. It makes for an interesting scenerio but it shows the kids that everybody is different...embracing that at a young age is important. Here is their website if you want to check them out: http://littlemiraclesinc.com/

We have a busy week planned...this past Monday night Ben and I finished our last minute Christmas items...well not last minute, but just stuff that was extra or minor that we wanted to get out of the way. So we are done and everything is wrapped! Woo hoo! We have more holiday items/birthday presents/new baby gifts than you can imagine! All of a sudden everything is happening exactly during the Christmas season...Last night Ben hung our lights outside (cause he is amazing) and I finished the wrapping. Tonight is my work Christmas party so we'll be there...tomorrow night I have Bunco with a group of girls I have known for years...it is one Thursday a month. I'm so pumped to be re-connecting with so many familiar faces, especially now that we're adults. And then on Friday we leave for Mankato, Minneapolis, Cannon Falls & Rochester...then back home on Tuesday. I will try to post over the weekend so you can catch up with us on those crazy festivities...basically we're stopping in Mankato & Minneapolis because Peter has appointments in Rochester on Monday & Tuesday--just check-ups. We'll be meeting up with friends and family along the way.

This is post is pretty darn long and you've been a trooper for reading this much! You know how it is this time of year--busy busy busy! Decorating a new home, having a new daycare, etc is just adding to the busyness. :D

Thanks for stopping by. I'll post again soon. Bye!