Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Our Happenings...

Not much is new. We have been sooo busy lately and I don't even know what we've been doing! I'm not sure if that's good or bad??!

Ben is loving his teaching job. We got his "school pictures" back yesterday. I think they are pretty cute.

I have been working hard and working a lot. I love managing 2 magazines at BBI. The intensity of publishing monthly issues is exactly right for me--there's always something new to work on and things are always interesting in this industry. My issues will be online soon so I will give you the web site info when it is updated.

Peter is loving life. He's very content in our new house and at daycare. He is pretty sensitive to lights, sounds & crowded places but we continue to push his limits. He will be starting some very intensive ABA therapy--28 hours per week--in the next couple of weeks (I will explain in a whole different post) so that should be just the right thing to keep him on track in his development.

I just played my last night of fall co-ed softball yesterday. We won both games of our double header with only 8 people (as opposed to 10). It was a blast. I made some good friends on the team and hope to play with them again next year. Ben signed us up for a competitive volleyball league. We will be playing with some other teachers from his high school. It is every Sunday night for 4 hours for the next 4 months. We are really excited about it! It will be great to have a hobby to do TOGETHER every week at a set time. And it's hard to get excercise in over the Winter so I think this will be a good fit for us.

We are also teaching 9th grade religious ed (SEXUALITY, of all things) every Wednesday night this school year and then I will practice with the adult choir in the Church afterwards. We will sing 2 times a month at mass. I have always been active in music ministry so I am thrilled to start again especially since it's my home parish! So our Wednesday & Sunday nights are full! Never a dull moment. :D On Wednesday nights there is childcare for all the RE teachers children and Peter loves it as they play in the Kindergarten room. On Sunday nights my parents have agreed to watch Peter while we are at VB. It wouldn't be possible without them! Thanks, Mom & Dad!

Let's see...I won "Biggest Loser" at work. I lost 20 pounds and won $60. Woo hoo! Hopefully I can stay on the weightloss train...it's tough but I do feel better the more I lose.

I'm sure there's more that I am forgetting. I guess we have more news than I realized. Good thing I took the time to sit down and write about it.

More to come on Peter's new therapy...