Thursday, August 14, 2008

More Summer Fun

We have had a busy couple of weeks. The first weekend of August was Catfish Days (big fishing tournament in EGF) and we took Peter on Saturday and Sunday. He loved it! There was music, food, games & fish! On Sunday he jumped in the bouncy thing for 2 hours. Here are some pictures...







We bought Peter a cheap little pool one day and he had fun filling it with the hose. That's his main interest, the hose--he could care less about swimming in it! :D





Ben's parents and 2 sisters came from the cities this past weekend. They wanted to see our house and tour UND. They stayed Thursday-Saturday. We cooked at home a few times, went out for dinner once, played cards and some went to the farmer's market on Saturday morning. Ben's dad can't sit still very long so he biked around our neighborhood a lot, went for walks in the mornings, etc. He even found a Schwan's man and bought ice cream bars from him! I think they enjoyed their time here and we look forward to hosting them again. Ben's mom took some pictures but I didn't so hopefully I will get some copies.

On Sunday we took Peter to see Sesame Street Live. We were a bit nervous because we weren't sure how he would do in the dark with a lot of people around but overall it went well! We were in the 4th row so we could see things pretty clearly.







There was some lights on a track above our heads and they moved electronically--they were the sort of lights that shine and move all over the audience. There was also a disco ball shining dots all over the place. Peter didn't like these things. He was shaking and very afraid. He covered his eyes so that the lights wouldn't shine on him. We were considering taking him home because we didn't want to traumatize him, but then I remembered that I had my sunglasses with. Those did the trick! He was still a bit afraid but it helped to have them. Sometimes we have to push his limits so that his comfort level keeps improving in those situations.



At intermission they had a guy come out and sit in front of the stage and sell balloons. Well of course every kid wanted one--including Peter. So we spent $8 for a giant Elmo. Thanks God we only have one child! I felt bad for the people who had to spend $20 & $30 on balloons! Then they tell you to put the balloons under your chair during the second half of the show. Seriously. GRRRRRR.







Yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary. Ben worked 16 hours and I had a dentist appointment. Sounds romantic, huh? But my parents offered to watch Peter at some point this weekend so we can have a date. I think we will do dinner and a movie. I might get a massage on Saturday too.

That's all I have for now. Come again soon for another update. Bye!