Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Just a few more details...

I'm taking a break from work to write a decent entry!

As you know, things have been busy! We are all moved in to our house and we are loving it! Basically the only thing we had to do was paint the interior (only because I hated the colors). I have photos posted on Shutterfly. The link to the photos can be found in my previous entry.

Peter:

In June Peter went to school on a bus twice a week. He loved it! It was only during the morning hours and it was before we started our jobs so we saw him off and were home for his arrival before lunch each time. It was wonderful for him. He doesn't really tell stories very well so we didn't get much talking out of him but his backpack was always full of crafts. His clothes were always dirty--which always means a good time, right? And he always said he had had a fun morning. It was a nice escape for him, considering all the chaos in the house throughout the move.

He began attending a home daycare the end of June. He goes to Julie's house but he pronounces it "Jew's house". He has made 10 new friends there! Julie is such a wonderful woman. She has been doing daycare for 30 years so she is able to teach us a thing or two about child-rearing! Peter is excited to go to her house every morning and never fusses. Her backyard is the closest thing on earth to a magical dream world. I can't even describe how amazing she has it set up for the kids. Her time and talent has been such a blessing in our lives. We love Julie, that's for sure!

Grandpa and Grandma live just down the street so Peter has gotten to see them quite a bit. He is always excited to help Grandpa Punky with yardwork or help Grandma Berta with laundry or sewing. They are so patient with him. It has been a huge relief being able to count on them. We were a bit nervous about moving so close to home but it has proven to be great for everyone so far. (Check back in 6 months or so....just kidding)

Ben:

Ben began working a labor job for a family-owned business the end of June. He works anywhere from 12-16 hours a day (that's where help from Grandma and Grandpa comes in handy!). He is very tired at night and the mornings come too soon but the money has been great. Ben loves working hard, even in the heat, so it's a good fit. His main job is running a laser level...or something??...He is helping to build dikes and measure overpasses and yeah....

In a few short weeks school starts again and Ben will be teaching full time in Thompson, ND. The last thing he heard was that he'd be teaching 7th, 9th & 12th grade. He's looking forward to the adventure!

Janelle:

I've been busy too. I am loving all the decorating that has gone along with owning a home. I think I love it as much as graphic design! One project leads to another and I'm pretty impressed with all that we've gotten accomplished in the past 2 months. Don't forget to check out the pictures.

I began my new job the end of June. I manage and design 2 monthly publications and 1 quarterly publication. They are trade magazines in the biofuels industry. My office (BBI International) is based out of Grand Forks, but I do a lot of work with editors in Australia & Canada. The people I work with are so much fun. It is a very young and progressive company. My office has a nice little window overlooking a park so that's sure a plus! The hours are flexible and they are very family-oriented.

I have been playing softball on Monday nights. My team is sponsored by 2 local bars. All the women on my team are people I played with in high school so it's been a blast reconnecting with them. It's great to pursue my other passion while getting exercise!

My office has been doing a version of "The Biggest Loser". We all gave cash at the beginnig. I am currently in 1st place. I have lost 11 pounds. Woo hoo! The winner gets the pot of money. It ends the last week of September.

That's about all's I have for now. Thanks for being so patient with my lack of communication this summer. Things are moving at a less-than-crazy pace now so hopefully I will be able to write nice entries like this one more often!

If you are looking for our new contact information, feel free to shoot us an email at:
benandjanellegergen@hotmail.com

Our door is always open, so stop by anytime!