Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys...

Hello Everyone.
I have a few stories for you. I hope they make your day. :)

So last night I needed to get out of the house (actually I needed "alone" time) so I went to Wal-Mart for an hour and a half. I had some pictures printed, shopped for a few random items and just roamed around. I was gone from about 5:30pm-7pm. Ben said "Go ahead, get out of here, I've got things under control." He was planning on cooking something for supper and he was going to give Peter his bath, etc. Since we are a young and busy family, our house tends to get cluttered with toys. This is not a new thing. However, each day I try to pick up the toys and put them back in their assigned locations and make our house look semi orderly. We are not dirty people, just cluttered at times and I am ok with that, considering our busy lifestyle. So I leave and go to Wal-Mart. It was nice and relaxing. And then I came home.

Ben was cooking dinner (which was very delicious and nice of him) and he had the dishwasher running (which was also very nice of him). BUT, I would like to paint you a picture of what the place looked like. There was stuff from around the house ALL AROUND THE HOUSE! And I don't mean a few random toys lying around. Oh no...there was really strange stuff all over the place. I asked Ben, "Did you let Peter destroy this place" and Ben says "I guess so". Here are a few examples of things I found: A red and black shoe in the kitchen, a black and red shoe in the bathroom, a tampon on the end table (in which I said to Ben, "Why is this here?" to which he replies, "Peter brought it to me and wanted me to open it, but I didn't so I set it here") and let's see....Oh, I can't even remember all the crap that was all over the place, but it looked like a tornado had come through the house! I love it that when I get away to relax, I come home to more stress then when I left! :)

I have one more funny story for you all. So this morning Ben asked me, "What should I make Peter for breakfast?" (because we were out of oatmeal and that's the usual and God forbid he look for something else on his own---men are very programmed)...I said "How about a banana and some toast". I continued to get ready for work and then I came into the kitchen to pour myself a bowl of cereal and sit with Peter. Peter was chowing on his banana and Ben was making toast. All of a sudden I look over and Ben has the mayo out. I said, "What are you going to do with that?" and Ben replied "We're out of butter so I figured mayo would do just fine." Apparently Peanut Butter, or jelly or PLAIN toast didn't seem to cross his mind. :) Peter ate a little bit of toast, but wasn't too interested in it. (I don't blame him)

Well, that's all I have for now. Bye for now from the land of the Crazy Gergens!