It sure has been a busy few months...
The month of May came in quick, kept us extremely swamped and left just as quick as it's arrival. Spring is my favorite time of year and this year, May was the only month we really had "Spring" weather. May brings the end of the school year, and now that both Ben and I work at a school it is always a transition month and full of (fun) chaos. May brings graduations and corresponding parties, Peter's birthday and prep for a new schedule during the summer months.
Peter's birthday party at the park was rained out for the 4th year in a row so we crammed into our house. Next year we are planning to book an indoor venue and then we'll get great weather. :) I can't believe Peter is 6 years old. Seems that after 5, a kid is truly a "big" kid and no longer a "little" kid. Wow. I don't have words for it at the moment. Ben's mom drove up from Randolph to spend Peter's birthday weekend with us and she brought our 5 year old niece with her. It was a great time! Here are a few photos:
Ben finished school a week earlier than Peter and I so he ended up working in Minot, ND for 8 days. He was fighting the flooding there with the earth moving company he works for during the summer months. He was astonished to see it all up close. He said he learned a lot from the experience.
Unfortunately, after Ben had been home for 12 hours after the Minot trip, we got word that Ben's grandmother was dying of congestive heart failure. So we quickly packed and headed down to southern Minnesota for the weekend (Friday, June 3rd). We were blessed to be able to see Grandma Florine before she passed away on Sunday, June 5th. It was a bittersweet passing in that she went to her Eternal Home in Heaven, but she left behind a large family to mourn the loss of such a wonderful woman. Ben's sister flew home early from Honduras and his brother and his family from Ohio came home too so we decided to stay the entire week of the funeral. Even though we had gathered because of Grandma's death, it was wonderful to spend so much time together because it happens so rarely these days. Ben and I are truly blessed to be apart of such an awesome family! Peter got to spend many hours playing with his cousins too and that was so great to see. And I can't forget to mention that the 7 days we were out of town, I was without my suitcase...we forgot it in East Grand Forks...let's just say that it made for an interesting week...(shout out to those of you that let me borrow clothes, soap, etc and a loving husband who let me buy some new clothes!)
Peter is playing T-ball again this summer so that is now in full swing. Ben has been working when the weather has cooperated and I have been all over the place: T-ball, work, landscaping (if you can call it that), etc. There truly is never a dull moment. I've been freelancing my design work, knitting and making home-made cards. I feel very blessed to have some time to craft during the summer months. I have been shoveling out the house too - very overdue!
As for the rest of summer, we have no plans. Just work, spend time outside and enjoy the little things.
God is sooooo good.
Until next time...