Hello everyone.
Let's see here, what's new...
* We got our tax refund (pretty hefty I will add!!) so Ben and I have decided to take a trip this year! We will be going to Vegas in August to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long!...can you?? I have an aunt, uncle and cousins who live there so I'm sure we'll get to catch up with them. I went to Vegas once on a family vacation when I was 16. It was a lot of fun during the day but in the evenings, there wasn't much to do as a minor. ;) Ben has never been to Vegas and we've always wanted to go together--we've been talking about it since we began dating. It's finally happening and we can't wait to get away. It will be a nice vacation after Ben's long summer of labor work and before he begins teaching again in the fall. I'll be booking our airfare and Bellagio hotel reservations this week. Wahooooo!
* This past week we turned in Peter's application for pre-school at Sacred Heart for Fall. He will be a "Little Angel"--that's the 4 year old program. It will be 2 mornings a week. The rest of the time he will spend at daycare....either at Little Miracles or Sacred Heart Daycare if they have an opening by then (which is likely). He doesn't know any of this yet, but when the time comes I'm sure he will be thrilled...we will just have to prepare him first!
* I've been coaching everyday of the week (except Sundays). I have lost weight and toned up quite a bit in the first 3 weeks! That's just a plus! The real joy is being apart of the program in which I dedicated a majority of my time in high school. The young ladies I coach have been an absolute joy. Even though I am working 12-16 hour days, there isn't a moment I dread going to practice. Just being around the game fills a void in me that has been empty for the past 7 years. I seem to have forgotten how much I love the game. I feel so blessed to have this job. The only parts that are hard, is not seeing Ben and Peter as often as I'd like -- usually just a few minutes a day -- and knowing that the last time I saw some of these kids, their moms were pregnant with them! Many of them are younger siblings of my high school classmates/friends. I tell ya, I'm getting that "old" feeling. ICK!
* Ben is plugging along...He continues to go to Covenant Keepers (his Wednesday night men's group) He continues to do the majority of child-rearing while I am coaching. But, we will trade after the school year ends as he'll switch to his labor job and I'll switch back to only have my day job...which reminds me....
* I was appointed to our company's Marketing Committee this past week. It is a new and exciting opportunity for me. I will be working on some really major projects in the near future. I feel extremely blessed to be able to embark on this new endeavor.
Well, I suppose I'll stop for now...Gotta get back to the grind.
By the way, if you haven't already heard--Fargo/Moorhead is getting hit with a terrible flood. The Grand Forks area is pretty secure considering we have lived and learned and now have the best levee system any government can buy! However, please keep the Red River Valley in your thoughts and prayers. No matter the outcome in either city, everyone around here will be affected by this event. We know this routine much too well...