Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Peter and his apple...

Here is a re-cap of our morning...

[ Hussling around the kitchen, trying to get my coffee ready, attempting to leave this morning. ]

Peter: Apple! Apple please!
Me: Ok, fine.

[ I proceed to get an apple out of the fridge because he LOVES them. I figured he could eat it in the van because I had to stop at the Post Office. I also grab some wipes. While grasping his apple dearly, we manage to get our coats, shoes, hats & mittens on. We then trudge up the stairs to the garage--On one side I have my lunch bag, purse, coffee...On the other side I am holding Peter's hand while he holds his apple and the railing. We get to the garage, I begin putting my things in the front seat and the unimaginable happens... ]

Peter: Uh-oh.
Me: What is it?
Peter: Apple! [ while pointing under the van ]

[ I then realize that the apple is too far away for me to reach it and covered in oil on the garage floor. ]

Me: It's ok, Peter, you will be to daycare soon and you will have breakfast there.
Peter: APPLE! APPLE! APPLE! [ loud shrieking ]
Me: [ as I am buckling Peter in ] Fine, we'll stop at the gas station and get a new one.

[ We then pull out of the driveway and he can see the apple on the garage floor before I get the garage door shut. Wow...That pissed him off. While driving the 4 blocks to the gas station, Peter is so very angry that he takes off his socks and shoes and throws them. I then decide that I am not going to take him inside the gas station now. I will do it alone. But when I pull in by the store, there is a cop parked outside. I didn't want to get arrested for leaving my kid in the car so I just keep on driving. As we drive down the hill on our way I hear this: ]

Peter: APPLE! APPLE! APPLE! [ loud shrieking ]

[ So I take a small detour to another gas station that is SORT OF near the Post Office. I go inside. ]

Lady at Register: Can I help you?
Me: Do you have any apples?
Lady: No. But Kwik Trip does.

[ I am NOT going to another gas station so I proceed over to the only fresh item that they have and that is donuts. I buy Peter a Krispy Kreme donut for 70 cents. I rush back outside because I am sure I am breaking some law by leaving my kid in the vehicle. I get in the van and hand the donut to Peter. He stops crying, trys to wipe the buggers and tears from his face, inspects the donut as I drive away. This is what he says as we leave the parking lot of the gas station... ]

Peter: Bye bye apple, eat donut!

[And it's only 7:25am. It's going to be a long day. ]