Monday, November 26, 2007

Turkey Day

Hello! It has been a long time since I've posted...
We have been very busy. My Grandpa Bob (my dad's dad) passed away on November 7th so we spent 5 days up in EGF for that. Then we were both swamped at work when we got back and then last weekend Peter and I ended up getting sick with really bad colds (Peter had an ear infection too). After being laid up for a week, we are finally back in the swing of things. Just in time to get ready for Christmas, right?

Mom & Dad came down to Mankato for Thanksgiving and they brought my Grandma Ione with them. It was her first trip to Mankato since I have lived here (6+ years) so she had fun seeing our house, my office and the whole city as we took her on a driving tour. Peter and I felt under the weather and spent a lot of time in bed, but I think she still enjoyed being able to visit with all of us. And at least we were all together. She has a friend that lives in Owatonna who she hadn't seen in 45 years so my parents drove her there to visit for the day on Saturday. That was a nice treat for her! Then we went to mass and out to dinner on Saturday night so that was the highlight of the weekend for all of us.

I should mention that Ben did all the cooking on Thursday so that was also a really nice time. It was the first Turkey he has ever made and it turned out PERFECT! I stepped down and didn't cook at all because I wanted Ben to bask in the joyful experience of Thanksgiving Dinner preperation...Ok, you caught me...I'm a liar. I hate cooking during the year so cooking on Thanksgiving is NO EXCEPTION for me! It sounds like an awful big chore!! But, I do set a very nice table and I can eat mashed potatoes like an NFL football player. :D That's just what I did to help out on Thursday. Here are the "before" and "after" pics of Ben's prized turkey. Good job, honey!