Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An apple a day...

Last night Ben & I went to the grocery store after work. Peter stayed home with Haley. We got home about 7pm and Haley had just taken Peter out of the bathtub. I put the groceries away while Haley gave him a new diaper and PJ's. When I was all done, I collapsed on the couch. Haley & I chatted for a little bit. In the meantime, Peter went over to the fridge, opened it up, slid out the drawer and proceeded to get an apple. (His new favorite word is "apple") I noticed this when he was about halfway done with his mission. I was too tired to fight with him so I let him keep the apple, thinking that he'll never eat it, he'll just play with it.

Once again, I was wrong. That seems to be a common theme on this blog, doesn't it?

Peter climbed up on the couch right next to me and ate the apple. It wasn't peeled or anything...he just bit right in and ate the entire thing! The best part was when he wanted to take a break he walked around with it under his arm (in his armpit). We always peel his apples for him. Well I guess he proved to us that he is independent enough to go without peeling! Here are some pics. He is so funny!